Get All Articles by: “Doug Fields”
- Doug Fields
Doug Fields is a pastor, communicator, resource-provider, writer, & leadership mentor. He’s the author of more than 50 books. Most of Doug’s time is spent speaking at conferences/churches/events, writing, working with the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University, teaching youth ministry at APU, and providing leadership and resources as a part of the Youth Specialities Team. More information about Doug is available at www.dougfields.com.
- Affirming "What Could Be"
- We all need people in our lives to see what we donít see in ourselves. Today, breathe some life into another person by recognizing their potential and telling her or him what could be.
- A Model for Sabbath
- There is so much about life that is exhausting. Many people donít even slow down enough to be faithful to Godís call for Sabbath, which simply means, to rest. Maybe it's time for you to hit the brakes and rest in God's love.
- Everyone Needs an Abishai!
- Living as a mature disciple of Jesus doesnít happen in isolation. It requires teamwork! Surrounding ourselves with a support system of believers helps to strengthen our faith.
- The Scriptures warn us (with good reason!) to flee immorality. No good thing will ever come to your life, relationships, marriage, family, or ministry from exposure to pornography.
- Celebration: The Antidote to Jealousy
- When jealousy resides in your soul, it slowly hardens your heart and will eventually produce a negative impact in your life. Fortunately, there is an antidote to jealousy that can help break down bitterness and bring genuine joy into your heart!
- What Lurks Behind Your Anger?
- Whether we admit it to ourselves or not, anger lurks somewhere in our hearts. If we donít learn where anger is coming from, it keeps coming back out, over and over.
- Real Friends Show Up
- Everyone offers to help! Iíve done this so many times. But, very few people actually show up to help. Real friends show up: what kind of friend are you?
- Be Who You Are!
- Don't make the mistake of trying to become someone other than who God created you to be! Each of us is unique and designed for a purpose!
- When Saying "Yes" Means Saying "No"
- Stop letting less important things get in the way of the most important commitments in your life! Until you learn to say "no", you'll be overwhelmed by "yes".
- No Regrets
- Did you know that listening is a way to express your love and care for another person? It's easy to forget that the true goal of communication isn't just speaking from our own point of view, but hearing the hearts of others as well.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog