Get All Articles by: “Jim Burns, Ph.D.”
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- Jim Burns is the President of HomeWord and Senior Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University.
- Your Smile Costs Nothing But Gives Much
- One of the greatest ways to love someone is to give them your smile.
- Hope in the Midst of Hassles
- If we keep our eyes on our Lord Jesus Christ we can have hope even in the midst of difficult circumstances.
- Open Your Heart to Jesus
- When you get in touch with Jesus Christ, one thing is guaranteed: You will never remain the same.
- Love is the Great Transformer
- Love transforms you into becoming a person with more of the qualities of Jesus Christ.
- God Draws Out the Best in You
- God loves you and will draw out the best in you. He sees you not only for who you are but for who you can be.
- Spread Your Love Around
- God reminds us that the greatest gifts we can give to other people is us - and our love!
- Parable of the Ducks
- A simple reminder today that while your words are important, they can only go so far.
- Who Gets Your Time?
- Never underestimate the positive message you are giving your kids by watching those games, driving them all around the county or being with them in one of the hundreds of other ways you are present in their lives.
- Follow Christ, not the Crowd
- Whom are we following? One another? Self-centered shepherds? Or the voice and direction of the Good Shepherd?
- Life Is Too Short Forů
- Perhaps you need a dose of reality today. So here's a list of things life is too short for...
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog