Get All Articles by: “Jim Burns, Ph.D.”
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- Jim Burns is the President of HomeWord and Senior Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University.
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words
- Your actions will speak much louder than any words you will ever say.
- Make Me an Instrument
- Christiansí lives should reflect the desire to be used by God in the lives of others.
- Authentic Christianity
- There is no greater witness for Christ than people who are open and vulnerable about their love for God and their own struggles.
- Discipline or Regret?
- In life, we either choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
- Choose to be Different
- God's desire for your life is to break the chains that hold you back and to give your life to His purpose.
- Never Settle for Mediocrity
- Too many people today settle for second-best in life. Mediocrity is all they put into life, and mediocrity is all they get out of life.
- You don't have to live in the guilt of your past sins. The good news is that sin and guilt are erased in Jesus Christ.
- Lord, Liar, Lunatic?
- We read in John 10:30 that Jesus states "I and the Father are one." Do you find this statement difficult to believe?
- Jesus Is Lord
- What will you do with the claims of Christ in your life?
- Fellowship: A Necessary Ingredient
- We cannot be all God intends for us to be without experiencing the intimate fellowship that relationships with other Christians have to offer.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog