Get All Articles by: “Jim Burns, Ph.D.”
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- Jim Burns is the President of HomeWord and Senior Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University.
- A Man's Guide to a Woman's Heart - Part 1
- When it comes to understand what women want, most men are pretty clueless. Fortunately parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jeff and Shaunti Feldhan - a husband and wife research team who have discovered tips for sharing with men "A Man's Guide to a Woman's Heart."
- Helping Your Twentysomething Survive Adult Life - Part 1
- Being There for Your Family
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses that, no matter how hectic your schedule might get, it's crucial to make sure you have some "face time" with your family.
- Fathers & Sons: The Passage into Manhood - Part 2
- The influence father has on the life of his sons can impact the culture for generations to come. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with former Promise Keepers President Randy Phillips about “Fathers and Sons: The Passage into Manhood.”
- Helping Your Kids Map Their Future - Part 2
- Kids today have so many options for how their lives can turn out. That's why it's up to us, their parents, for giving them the direction they need to chart their course. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his talk with author Danny Holland on "Helping Your Kids Map Their Future."
- Filling Your Home with Faith - Part 1
- One of the most important responsibilities a parent takes on is passing a legacy of faith in Christ to his or her children. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Pastor Mark Holmen - author of the book Building Faith at Home - about some practical tips for "Filling Your Home with Faith."
- Finding the Right Words to Communicate with Your Child
- This feature centers on every parent's need to discover the ""love languages"" of our children.
- Fathers & Sons: The Passage into Manhood - Part 1
- Dads with sons are in a unique position of being able to make a difference that will shape the destiny of the next generation. Dr. Jim Burns talks with former Promise Keepers President Randy Phillips about “Fathers and Sons: The Passage into Manhood.”
- Helping Your Kids Map Their Future - Part 1
- A growing number of young children are feeling less and less confident about what their future holds. That's why parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with youth culture expert Danny Holland about tips for "Helping Your Kids Map Their Future."
- Wounded Child, Warrior for Children - Part 2
- As the President of COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL, Wess Stafford has a heart for caring for the children of the world. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Wess about how his own tortured childhood led him to be such a warrior for children.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog