Get All Articles by: “Jim Liebelt”
- Jim Liebelt
Jim is Senior Writer, Editor and Researcher for the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim has 30 years of experience as a youth and family ministry specialist, having served over the years as a pastor, author, mentor, trainer, college instructor, and speaker. Jim is contributing author of culture and parenting articles to HomeWord.com and Crosswalk.com. Jim and his wife Jenny live in Olympia, WA.
- Hurting on the Inside
- It can be extremely difficult to see from appearances whether or not someone is hurting.
- It’s important to understand the perspective that God’s blessings are not limited to your material possessions.
- Blessing Dressed in Crisis
- God is big enough to orchestrate blessing even in times of crisis.
- Love and Punishment
- An illustration that provides us with a simple picture of God’s love.
- When Cows Fly
- The principle of unintended consequences challenges us to keep a close watch over our thoughts, speech, and actions.
- Run Hard
- In the race that is the Christian life, keep your eyes on the finish line and run hard!
- The Long Walk is Part of the Gift
- It just might be time to refresh our understanding of the extent and cost of God’s love.
- Is Jesus for Sale?
- God calls us to be faithful in sharing who Jesus is and what He’s done, but we shouldn’t be like salespeople trying to “close a deal.”
- What Business Are You In – Construction or Demolition?
- The words we speak can either build others up, or destroy them.
- On the Verge of Collapse
- Taking time to look below the surface of people’s lives in your world will often reveal wounds that have weakened them.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog