Get All Articles by: “Jim Liebelt”
- Jim Liebelt
Jim is Senior Writer, Editor and Researcher for the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim has 30 years of experience as a youth and family ministry specialist, having served over the years as a pastor, author, mentor, trainer, college instructor, and speaker. Jim is contributing author of culture and parenting articles to HomeWord.com and Crosswalk.com. Jim and his wife Jenny live in Olympia, WA.
- Salvation in the Present Tense
- When we experience salvation in Christ, we are not saved just so that we receive the gift of experiencing heaven one day, but we are saved to make a difference for Jesus here and now!
- Dirty Laundry
- Most likely, we all have some kind of “dirty laundry” in our past or present that would embarrass us if it came to light.
- Pest Control
- When it comes to guarding your spiritual health, the old adage still rings true, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
- Jesus Help Me and to God Be the Glory
- If a person of Johann Sebastian Bach’s talent and giftedness made it a habit to ask for God’s help and to give God thanks, how much more should we do the same?
- Mercy and Grace
- We show whether or not we really understand mercy and grace by whether we extend them to others.
- Fix Weaknesses or Develop Strengths?
- Should we focus our efforts on fixing our weaknesses or developing our strengths?
- Pray or Act?
- Each situation in our lives requires balance between prayer and action.
- Finding Treasure
- Where do you look to find spiritual treasure?
- Handling Criticism
- Exploring the question: How should Christ-followers handle criticism?
- Following Jesus Means Forgiving Others
- Forgiveness is more than God’s suggestion. It is a command.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog