Get All Articles by: “Jim Liebelt”
- Jim Liebelt
Jim is Senior Writer, Editor and Researcher for the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim has 30 years of experience as a youth and family ministry specialist, having served over the years as a pastor, author, mentor, trainer, college instructor, and speaker. Jim is contributing author of culture and parenting articles to HomeWord.com and Crosswalk.com. Jim and his wife Jenny live in Olympia, WA.
- On the Verge of Collapse
- Taking time to look below the surface of people’s lives in your world will often reveal wounds that have weakened them.
- Arrhythmia of the Soul
- We are all vulnerable to becoming used to a sickly soul; believing that everything is okay when it really isn’t.
- Someone Who Understands
- We have a Savior who knows and understands our feelings and weaknesses and still chooses us to be His friends and children!
- A Love Story
- We all want to be loved with a love that remains strong and unchanged even when we don't recognize it.
- God Pursues Us When We've Sinned
- God pursues us when we’ve sinned because He loves us and want us to clear out the junk in our lives.
- Dirty Windows or Blurred Vision?
- When you are tempted to judge or complain about someone, take a moment first to see if it is only your own vision that is blurred.
- It's Raining Again
- Somewhere, everywhere, people are experiencing rainy seasons in their lives.
- The Ultimate Stabilizer
- God works to calm our fears, even when the storms of life are at their strongest.
- Fill Your Prescription
- By spending regular time in God’s Word, we take action to fill a spiritual prescription and take “medicine” that will make us whole.
- Spiritual Self-Evaluation: Friend or Foe?
- Realizations that we aren’t all we should be spiritually can result in different responses. They can paralyze us or motivate change in our lives.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog