Get All Articles by: “Jim Liebelt”
- Jim Liebelt
Jim is Senior Writer, Editor and Researcher for the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim has 30 years of experience as a youth and family ministry specialist, having served over the years as a pastor, author, mentor, trainer, college instructor, and speaker. Jim is contributing author of culture and parenting articles to HomeWord.com and Crosswalk.com. Jim and his wife Jenny live in Olympia, WA.
- Christmas: Just in Time
- God’s gift to us, the birth of His son Jesus, came just at the right moment. Not a moment too early; not a moment too late. “But when the right time came,” the Scripture reveals.
- For Unto Us a Child is Born
- We celebrate Christmas as the coming of Jesus, the Son of God, whom the Scriptures say will reign forever and ever.
- Christmas Can Change Your Life
- We celebrate Christmas because God sent Jesus into the world to show us our need to change our lives and to follow the example of His life.
- Basics Are Important
- There are some basic components of the Christian life that we should remind ourselves of to ensure simple, loving devotion to Christ.
- Reasons for Giving Thanks
- Today, live your life with gratitude as a person who has been blessed by God!
- How Quickly We Forget
- Do you find yourself grumbling, “What has God done for me lately?” God calls us to be thankful people, people who remember his goodness and trust in Him to provide for our needs.
- Serving Anyone Anywhere Anytime
- When we see a fellow believer in need of help, our calling is to step up and help whenever and wherever possible.
- God Reigns
- Whatever circumstances we face in our lives are part of God's story and His work in our world and in our lives.
- Give Yourself a Break
- God doesn’t love us any more or any less when we are or aren’t perfect.
- Feeling Abandoned by God
- Just because you don't always feel God's presence doesn't mean He has abandoned you; He promises never to leave your side!
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog