Get Answers for: “Expectations”
- Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage
- Too often in marriage, common mistakes are made and repeated until one or both spouses conclude there is no hope of rescuing their marriage. Learn what these mistakes are and how to avoid them.
- The Changing Role for Parents of College Students
- How you parent during your child's college years will go a long way to determining whether she or he will enter their adult lives dragging their feet or sailing into it with the wind at their backs.
- Six Essentials for Making Discipline Work in Your Home
- If you want to know how to make your discipline more effective, consider these six essentials from the experts.
- Seven Tips for Building Your Marriage
- Doug Fields shares seven tips for building your marriage.
- 5 Ways to Have a Fun, Stress-Free Summer Vacation
- Summer vacations can be stressful, particularly on parents. But, with these tips, Jim Burns shares how to make vacations stress-free.
- Let the Punishment Fit the Crime
- Many parents tend to overreact when kids violate boundaries. This article suggests practical ideas for parents to keep their cool during times of discipline.
- Five Questions to Ask as You Discipline Your Child
- While thereís no one-way to handle each disciplinary situation, thereís got to be a better way than just smacking a kid when he or she messes up.
- Ten Thoughts on Using Consequences
- Consequences are a necessary tool in any parentís discipline toolkit!
- The Issue of Control
- Often, when we argue with our teens, we are fighting for two different things. Parents fight for protection. Teens fight for control.
- ABC & D of Nurturing Your Kids
- If youíre wondering how best to love and nurture your kids, remember the ABC & D of parenting.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog