Get Answers for: “Biblical Concepts”
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 2
- Not too many parents start their families hoping to have a "pretty good" relationship with their kids. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- Shattering the Myth of "The Perfect Mother" - Part 1
- The media makes it seem as though any woman can be the "perfect mom" simply by following the trends that THEY project. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Carla Barnhill about "getting real" with your husband and kids - and yourself if you're a mother.
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 2
- Every child is born with the capacity to live a life of character. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his two-part conversation with Pat Williams, Vice President of the Orlando Magic, about how his and his wife instilled a sense of character into the lives of each of their 19 children.
- Tips for Helping an Overweight Child
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses healthy living over "fad diets" when helping a child who is struggling with weight issues.
- Real Positive Encouragement
- This features reminds parents that authentic encouragement is of greater value to kids than false praise.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 1
- Today's toddlers will become adolescents before you know it! And if you have younger children in your home, you will benefit from the wit and wisdom of Pastor Rick Bundschuh as he talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about some practical tips for parents of young boys.
- (Community) Service with a Smile!
- This feature shows parents the importance of getting our kids energized to perform community service.
- How Much Should Your Kids Know About Your Past?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to use caution and keep stories from your past age-appropriate.
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 1
- For more than 30 years, Dr. Jim Burns has dedicated his ministry to improving the quality of life for kids. In his new book Teenology,he encourages parents with some practical principles for helping families really enjoy having teenagers in the home.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog