Get Answers for: “Biblical Concepts”
- Being Proactive: A Parent's Primary Responsibility
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns advocates staying "students of the culture" to help our kids learn how to avoid making poor decisions.
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 1
- If you’re a parent, your children view your very presence as a sign of caring and connectedness. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about how that principle is at the heart of some of the most powerful teaching on parenting.
- Are Your Kids Growing Up Too Soon?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that it's not our job to raise "good kids" - it's to raise responsible adults!
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 2
- Dads - raising boys into modern-day knights is primarily OUR responsibility. Listen closely as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Robert Lewis, author of the book, "Raising a Modern-Day Knight."
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 1
- Human beings are hard-wired by God for community - but this generation of young people is "hyper-connected" for even more! Parenting and family expert talks with Bob Waliszewski - Publisher of Focus on the Family's "Plugged In" magazine - about some practical suggestions for engaging young people in real relationships.
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 1
- When Heather Stone was 13, she went from being a compliant “pastor’s kid” to an angry rebel seemingly overnight. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Heather Stone and her father, Pastor Charles Stone, about “Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Teen"
- Creating the Family You've Always Wanted - Part 1
- Over the years, the media have tried to "sell" our culture on what the "ideal family" looks like. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about steps we can take to create the family system God wants us to have.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 1
- Susan Brammel and Teri Grundlach became friends when their children were very young. Today, after many decades of doing life together, they talk with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about the value of moms who build deep relationships with other moms.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog