Get Answers for: “Biblical Concepts”
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- Keys to Raising a Well-Behaved Child - Part 1
- Too many parents are working feverishly in hopes that their chidlren will "turn out all right." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author and speaker John Rosemond about some practical and stress-relieving tips for developing "Well-Behaved Children."
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Keys to Successful Stepfamilies - Part 1
- With an increasing divorce rate in the Church today, more and more Christians are facing the challenge of establishing new "blended families." Dr. Jim Burns talks about to do so with Ron Deal - author of the book, The Successful Stepfamily.
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 2
- Circumstances brought them together - but now nothing will tear them apart! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Susan Brammel and Teri Gundlach, two moms who became best friends and have built a life-time relationship for their husbands and kids to enjoy as well!
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 2
- It's not easy being a boy these days - especially when adolescence begins! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Dr. Gary Oliver on ways you can really enjoy this season of your son's life.
- Giving More Encouragement than Advice
- Dr. Jim Burns focuses on how parents who "listen more than lecture" build more solid connections with their children.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog