Get Answers for: “Biblical Concepts”
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 1
- For more than a decade, parents have been using curriculum created by Pastor Robert Lewis to raise their sons to become "modern-day knights." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this popular author about tips for helping our sons discover authentic manhood.
- Being Proactive: A Parent's Primary Responsibility
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns advocates staying "students of the culture" to help our kids learn how to avoid making poor decisions.
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 1
- The adolescent years are a season when it seems like your "perfectly normal" son or daughter is somehow "abducted" - and replaced with an unrecognizable life force! Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and speaker Dr. Katie Brazelton about discovering exactly what might be happening in the mind of your teenager.
- Is Your Child Flirting with "the Dark Side?"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that what might seem like a fad in clothing or music may actually be a gateway leading your child into spiritual warfare.
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 2
- IJust because a child is raised in a church-going home it doesn't mean that he or she won't go through a season of questioning faith in God. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author Tim Kimmel about what to do "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 1
- With Father's Day just around the corner, many dads in blended families might be feeling a bit out-of-the-loop in terms of how to handle their stepchildren. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries about tips for blending better.
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- A New Awakening for Parents and Families - Part 2
- One of the best ways to help our children grow in their faith is to make sure our own spiritual health is in order as well. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Michelle Anthony - author of the book Spiritual Parenting.
- Educating Your Kids Begins with Encouragement
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids need authentic encouragement regardless of whether or not they have made a good or bad decision.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog