Get Answers for: “Biblical Concepts”
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Putting "Pity Parties" in Their Place
- This features encourages parents to give your kids a chance to vent - but not to the point where it turns into a full-blown ""woe is me"" session.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- Being the Parent Your Kids Need - Part 1
- Children of every age need parents who will show them what it means to be an adult. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Kendra and John Smiley about "Being the Parent Your Kids Need."
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 1
- Human beings are hard-wired by God for community - but this generation of young people is "hyper-connected" for even more! Parenting and family expert talks with Bob Waliszewski - Publisher of Focus on the Family's "Plugged In" magazine - about some practical suggestions for engaging young people in real relationships.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog