Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Raising Kids Requires Full Parental Participation
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns provides parents with practical tips for reprioritizing their busy lives.
- Raising Bold Kids in a "Whatever" World - Part 1
- Kids are growing up in a culture that tells them that there is no such thing as absolute truth. As a result, many of them adopt a “whatever” attitude toward life. Well, parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and educator Sean McDowell.
- Parenting Your Step-Children
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages step-parents to go the extra mile to build trust and create security for the children of their new spouse.
- Is it Possible to Understand Your Teenager? Part 2
- The teenager in a bad mood who leaves your home for school in the morning may not bear much resemblance to the happy-go-lucky kid who comes home that afternoon. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns once again welcomes pioneering youthworker Wayne Rice for a discussion on how parents can keep up with the everchanging moods of teens and 'tweens.
- Living the Future You Were Meant to Live - Part 1
- Erwin McManus believes that God creates each of us to be “pre-great.” Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this noted author and pastor about some practical ways we as parents can help our kids discover their destiny in the Lord.
- The Power of "the Golden Rule"
- This Snapshot centers on our need, as parents, to stop catering to our kids - and start raising them to be responsible adults.
- Keeping Your Private Life Private Online
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents of the importance of teaching their kids that everything they do online is public domain.
- Discovering Your Parenting Style - Part 2
- Your "style" of parenting has as much to do with your son or daughter's personality as it does your own! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. John Trent on this most important topic.
- Fathers and Sons: Celebrating Rites of Passage - Part 2
- Sanford Coggins and Geoff Moore were successful businessmen with biblical goals for their lives. But as their sons began to reach middle school age, they realized they needed to step up their efforts and become more intentional in teaching them about Godly manhood. Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with these two leaders on the success of their journey.
- Raising Bold Kids in a "Whatever" World - Part 2
- Less than 5 percent of Christian kids live their lives according a biblical worldview – and a lot of their friends are guided by “So what?” attitude. Parenting and family exert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author and educator Sean McDowell.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog