Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Living the Future You Were Meant to Live - Part 1
- Erwin McManus believes that God creates each of us to be “pre-great.” Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this noted author and pastor about some practical ways we as parents can help our kids discover their destiny in the Lord.
- Building Morals into the Lives of Your Kids
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to impress upon their kids the responsibility to choose to follow Christ daily.
- A New Awakening for Parents and Families - Part 2
- One of the best ways to help our children grow in their faith is to make sure our own spiritual health is in order as well. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Michelle Anthony - author of the book Spiritual Parenting.
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 2
- Being the spiritual leader for your kids can seem like a huge task - but it doesn’t have to be! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on this topic with the President of Awana Clubs International, Jack Eagar.
- Parenting Your Step-Children
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages step-parents to go the extra mile to build trust and create security for the children of their new spouse.
- Keeping Your Private Life Private Online
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents of the importance of teaching their kids that everything they do online is public domain.
- Communication Basics for Moms
- Lisa Whelchel is an actress and author who is a gifted communicator - and nowhere are her communication skills needs more than at home with her children! She talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about the benefits of "Speaking Mom-ese."
- Keep on Believing in Your Kids
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents about the seasonal nature of life - and that many times bad behavior in your children is a stage out of which they'll grow.
- Strengthened by Trials, Stronger in Christ - Part 2
- Millions of dollars and all the drugs he could do didn't bring Brian Welch any satisfaction . . . so he turned his back on all of that and decided to follow Jesus Christ. Ironically, that's when his REAL struggles began! Hear more of his discussion about how the trials he's experienced since his 2005 conversion has actually helped him to grow stronger.
- Putting "Pity Parties" in Their Place
- This features encourages parents to give your kids a chance to vent - but not to the point where it turns into a full-blown ""woe is me"" session.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog