Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- When a Fashion Fad Turns Dangerous
- This feature cautions parents about how dangerous movements "going Gothic" started out as merely clothing trends.
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Girl" - Part 1
- In churches all across America, countless women are pretending to experience the joy of the Lord - but the fasçade can only last so long. Counselor and author Dr. Jennifer Degler discusses the traps to avoid in order to sidestep becoming a "Christian Nice Girl."
- Helping Your Kids Develop Positive Role Models
- This feature urges parents to point their children in the direction of men and women of integrity who can help to mold their faith.
- Tips for Surviving Your Kids' Adolescence - Part 2
- Adolescence is a tough season for kids . . . but it can be even more difficult for their parents! That's why, parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns welcomes Dr. Kevin Leman for a discussion about, "Tips for Surviving Your Kids' Adolescence."
- A Mom's Influence on a Boy's Journey to Manhood - Part 1
- Boys attack life with an exhilarating exuberance - but they still need a parent's guidance to prepare them for adulthood. Dr. Jim Burns talks about this need with Rick Johnson, author of the book, That's My Son.
- Stopping the Threat of Alcohol Abuse
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents from families with a history of alcohol abuse to keep an eye on how their kids approach drinking.
- Teens and Sexual Purity: Mission Possible! Part 3
- Sexual purity involves more than just saying "no" to intercourse. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on how we can teach our kids to honor God, their families and their future spouses with a commitment to sexual purity.
- Enjoying Regret-Free Living - Part 1
- One of the keys to finding contentment in life is learning how to make good choices. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Steve Arterburn about how this process results in "Enjoying Regret-Free Living."
- Ending the Homework Hassle with Your Kids
- This feature reminds parents that there's really no need to fight with your children about doing their homework - because it is their responsibility!
- Fueling a Passion for God in Your Kids - Part 2
- There are lots of "attractive distractions" that can keep a teen or pre-teen from developing a real passion for spiritual things. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Barry St. Clair on practical tips for "Fueling a Passion for God in Your Kids."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog