Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 1
- For more than 30 years, Dr. Jim Burns has dedicated his ministry to improving the quality of life for kids. In his new book Teenology,he encourages parents with some practical principles for helping families really enjoy having teenagers in the home.
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 2
- Every child is born with the capacity to live a life of character. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his two-part conversation with Pat Williams, Vice President of the Orlando Magic, about how his and his wife instilled a sense of character into the lives of each of their 19 children.
- Raising "G-Rated" Kids in an "X-Rated" World - Part 1
- Modern society has become so overly permissive, your children may be more at risk of exposure to harmful elements than ever before. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with pastor and author Doug Fields about "Raising 'G-Rated' Kids in an 'X-Rated' World."
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- Kids and Internet Porn
- This Snapshot presents some eye-opening facts about the multi-billion dollar Internet pornography industry.
- Like Father, Like Son
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the importance of modeling our faith in front of our children - especially in the area of stewardship.
- Discipline is a Process
- This feature points out the need to discipline consistently - because kids respond better to consistent limits in their lives.
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 1
- One of the most valuable gifts you can give to your children is the ability to learn how to make right and wise decisions. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Pat Williams - Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic and a father of 19 children of his own - about "How to Build Character in Your Kids."
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog