Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Guy" - Part 2
- When Paul Coughlin married his wife, Sandy, they thought they would have a "nice" marriage. But in time, Paul came to realize that his wife needed a Godly husband rather than a "Christian Nice Guy." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular author and speaker about his helpful transformation.
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 2
- In his book, Teenology,parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns draws on more than 30 years of youth and family ministry to give parents hope that their teens will turn out okay. He continues a discussion about how to find that hope and more during the often tumultuous teen years.
- Best Friends: Teaching Your Kids to Choose Them Wisely
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents that "bad company corrupts good character."
- Tips for Disciplining Under Pressure
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents who lash out when their kids act up - don't do it because you'll wind up punishing them instead of truly correcting them.
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 2
- It's not easy to have a meaningful parent-teen conversation - but it IS possible! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Katie Brazelton, author of the book, "How Your Teenager is Wired."
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- This features focuses on the benefits to welcoming a "chosen child" into your home either through adoption or foster care.
- Winning the Discipline War with Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to remain calm and keep the upper hand regarding discipline and kids.
- Kids and Internet Porn
- This Snapshot presents some eye-opening facts about the multi-billion dollar Internet pornography industry.
- Great Kids Don't Always Have "Perfect Parents"
- This feature reminds parents that we all make mistakes - but, with God's help, our kids will grow up to become responsible adults.
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog