Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 1
- The adolescent years are a season when it seems like your "perfectly normal" son or daughter is somehow "abducted" - and replaced with an unrecognizable life force! Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and speaker Dr. Katie Brazelton about discovering exactly what might be happening in the mind of your teenager.
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 2
- IJust because a child is raised in a church-going home it doesn't mean that he or she won't go through a season of questioning faith in God. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author Tim Kimmel about what to do "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Appropriate Affection - A Must for Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that our children need hugs, words of encouragement and other demonstrations of our love for them.
- When it Comes to Drugs and Alcohol, Parents Set the Pace
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids who use drugs usually had at least one parent who also struggled with a chemical addiction.
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 1
- With Father's Day just around the corner, many dads in blended families might be feeling a bit out-of-the-loop in terms of how to handle their stepchildren. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries about tips for blending better.
- Parents and Pastors: Keys to Keeping Kids Off Drugs
- This Snapshot centers on the fact that the church can be doing more to warn kids about the dangers of drug abuse - and so can parents.
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 1
- For more than a decade, parents have been using curriculum created by Pastor Robert Lewis to raise their sons to become "modern-day knights." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this popular author about tips for helping our sons discover authentic manhood.
- The Power of a Father's Touch
- Dr. Jim Burns encourages dads to learn how to effectively use the power of appropriate touch with their kids.
- Shattering the Myth of "The Perfect Mother" - Part 2
- There is no multi-vitamin strong enough to turn a woman into "the perfect mom." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Carla Barnhill, author of the book, "The Myth of the Perfect Mother."
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog