Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Keeping Your Eyes on What's Really Important
- Dr. Jim Burns remembers his Aunt Ann who was a real mentor for him when it came to priorities in life.
- Thinking About Drinking Before It's Too Late
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to take advantage of every opportunity to engage in dialog with their kids about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
- Shattering the Myth of "The Perfect Mother" - Part 2
- There is no multi-vitamin strong enough to turn a woman into "the perfect mom." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Carla Barnhill, author of the book, "The Myth of the Perfect Mother."
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 1
- For more than a decade, parents have been using curriculum created by Pastor Robert Lewis to raise their sons to become "modern-day knights." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this popular author about tips for helping our sons discover authentic manhood.
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 1
- When Heather Stone was 13, she went from being a compliant “pastor’s kid” to an angry rebel seemingly overnight. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Heather Stone and her father, Pastor Charles Stone, about “Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Teen"
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Creating the Family You've Always Wanted - Part 1
- Over the years, the media have tried to "sell" our culture on what the "ideal family" looks like. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about steps we can take to create the family system God wants us to have.
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 2
- Dads - raising boys into modern-day knights is primarily OUR responsibility. Listen closely as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Robert Lewis, author of the book, "Raising a Modern-Day Knight."
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog