Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 2
- IJust because a child is raised in a church-going home it doesn't mean that he or she won't go through a season of questioning faith in God. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author Tim Kimmel about what to do "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 1
- With Father's Day just around the corner, many dads in blended families might be feeling a bit out-of-the-loop in terms of how to handle their stepchildren. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries about tips for blending better.
- Educating Your Kids Begins with Encouragement
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids need authentic encouragement regardless of whether or not they have made a good or bad decision.
- A New Awakening for Parents and Families - Part 2
- One of the best ways to help our children grow in their faith is to make sure our own spiritual health is in order as well. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Michelle Anthony - author of the book Spiritual Parenting.
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Shattering the Myth of "The Perfect Mother" - Part 2
- There is no multi-vitamin strong enough to turn a woman into "the perfect mom." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Carla Barnhill, author of the book, "The Myth of the Perfect Mother."
- Putting "Pity Parties" in Their Place
- This features encourages parents to give your kids a chance to vent - but not to the point where it turns into a full-blown ""woe is me"" session.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog