Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Teaching Your Kids "Thank Therapy"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents the importance of teaching our children to maintain an attitude of gratitude.
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- A Mom's Influence on a Boy's Journey to Manhood - Part 1
- Boys attack life with an exhilarating exuberance - but they still need a parent's guidance to prepare them for adulthood. Dr. Jim Burns talks about this need with Rick Johnson, author of the book, That's My Son.
- Are Your Kids Growing Up Too Soon?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that it's not our job to raise "good kids" - it's to raise responsible adults!
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 2
- Dads - raising boys into modern-day knights is primarily OUR responsibility. Listen closely as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Robert Lewis, author of the book, "Raising a Modern-Day Knight."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog