Get Answers for: “Spiritual Growth”
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 2
- If there's a rebellious child in your world, you'll take heart when you hear Pastor Charles Stone and his daughter, Heather share their story with Dr. Jim Burns. Restoration is possible - but it takes willingness and work!
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Restoring Passion in Your Marriage - Part 2
- Over the years, a husband and wife may find the passion and romance fading from their marriage. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author, speaker and radio host Dennis Rainey about keys for “Restoring the Passion in Marriage.”
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 2
- It's not easy to stay vulnerable and authentic with your kids when you have six of them living at home! But Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, have created an atmosphere of "transparency" - and Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with them on how they make it work.
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 1
- Society has put so much energy into helping girls grow into strong, confident women, it might seem as though boys can be raised on autopilot! Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Dr. Gary Oliver on the trials and triumphs of bringing up boys.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog