Get Answers for: “Spiritual Life”
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 2
- Dads - raising boys into modern-day knights is primarily OUR responsibility. Listen closely as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Robert Lewis, author of the book, "Raising a Modern-Day Knight."
- Kids Want Restrictions!
- This feature reminds parents that, whether they admit it or not, kids really do want to know that their parents love them enough to set limits!
- Where's Poppa?
- Dr. Jim Burns encourages dads not to back away from showing your tween and teenage children appropriate physical touch.
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 2
- It's not easy to stay vulnerable and authentic with your kids when you have six of them living at home! But Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, have created an atmosphere of "transparency" - and Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with them on how they make it work.
- Building Morals into the Lives of Your Kids
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to impress upon their kids the responsibility to choose to follow Christ daily.
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 2
- It's not easy being a boy these days - especially when adolescence begins! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Dr. Gary Oliver on ways you can really enjoy this season of your son's life.
- Is it Possible to Understand Your Teenager? Part 1
- If you're the parent of a teenager, you know that there are some times when your son or daughter just "doesn't make any sense." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns is joined in-studio by his friend and mentor Wayne Rice for a discussion on how to to try to solve the riddle that is often disguised as a teenager in your home.
- Protecting Your Kids from "Questionable" Situations
- This features urges parents to take seriously any concern their children might have about a potentially "questionable situation" in their world.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog