Get Answers for: “Spiritual Life”
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 1
- One of the most valuable gifts you can give to your children is the ability to learn how to make right and wise decisions. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Pat Williams - Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic and a father of 19 children of his own - about "How to Build Character in Your Kids."
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 2
- Every child is born with the capacity to live a life of character. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his two-part conversation with Pat Williams, Vice President of the Orlando Magic, about how his and his wife instilled a sense of character into the lives of each of their 19 children.
- Real Positive Encouragement
- This features reminds parents that authentic encouragement is of greater value to kids than false praise.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 2
- Not too many parents start their families hoping to have a "pretty good" relationship with their kids. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- Tips for Helping an Overweight Child
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses healthy living over "fad diets" when helping a child who is struggling with weight issues.
- (Community) Service with a Smile!
- This feature shows parents the importance of getting our kids energized to perform community service.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 1
- The distance between a good family experience as a great one often isn't all that far! Dr. Jim Burns discusses this facet of family life with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 1
- Today's toddlers will become adolescents before you know it! And if you have younger children in your home, you will benefit from the wit and wisdom of Pastor Rick Bundschuh as he talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about some practical tips for parents of young boys.
- How Much Should Your Kids Know About Your Past?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to use caution and keep stories from your past age-appropriate.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog