Get Answers for: “Spiritual Life”
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 2
- In his book, Teenology,parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns draws on more than 30 years of youth and family ministry to give parents hope that their teens will turn out okay. He continues a discussion about how to find that hope and more during the often tumultuous teen years.
- Be a Parent - Not a "Big Sister!"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns warns against the dangers of "peer-enting" instead of "parenting" our teens.
- Appropriate Affection - A Must for Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that our children need hugs, words of encouragement and other demonstrations of our love for them.
- Thinking About Drinking Before It's Too Late
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to take advantage of every opportunity to engage in dialog with their kids about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 1
- As the parents of six children, Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, know the value of authenticity. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this inspiring couple about maintaining clear lines of communication in a large home.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 2
- It's not easy to have a meaningful parent-teen conversation - but it IS possible! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Katie Brazelton, author of the book, "How Your Teenager is Wired."
- There is No Such Thing as "Good Gossip"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to teach our children the wisdom of Proverbs 16:28, reminding them that gossip only "stirs up dissension."
- Kids are Human Beings- Not Human Doings
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents against packing a child's schedule so full each day that he has no time to just "be a kid."
- Parents and Pastors: Keys to Keeping Kids Off Drugs
- This Snapshot centers on the fact that the church can be doing more to warn kids about the dangers of drug abuse - and so can parents.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog