Get Answers for: “Spiritual Life”
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- Get Educated About the Drug Culture
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that drug use is more common than it was when we were kids - and it's changed a lot since then, too!
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- Raising Respectful Kids - Part 2
- Whether or not your kids are well-mannered, they'll never learn to be truly respectful until they learn about self-respect. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Jill Rigby about the simple keys to "Raising Respectful Children."
- Thinking About Drinking Before It's Too Late
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to take advantage of every opportunity to engage in dialog with their kids about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
- Arranging Your Life: Finding Calm in the Chaos - Part 1
- The Christian life is a life of freedom - but it helps to have a "Rule of Life" to guide the way. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author Ruth Haley Barton about learning the right rhythm for your life.
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog