Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Your Kids Need the Best of Your Time
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents -- especially dads -- that quality and quantity time are important to your children.
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Raising Respectful Kids - Part 2
- Whether or not your kids are well-mannered, they'll never learn to be truly respectful until they learn about self-respect. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Jill Rigby about the simple keys to "Raising Respectful Children."
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Keys to Preparing Your Kids for College
- Every year, 3 million kids apply to college - and 6 million parents start to panic! If that describes your situation right now, listen as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Azusa Pacific University President Dr. Jon Wallace about "Keys to Preparing Your Kids for College."
- Like Father, Like Son
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the importance of modeling our faith in front of our children - especially in the area of stewardship.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog