Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Teaching by Example
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents about the importance of "listening more than you lecture" because "Children see -- children do."
- Building a Great Relationship with Your Adult Children - Part 1
- According to a recent report, as many as 40% of 18-to-35-year-olds rely on their parents as their primary means of support. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Nancy Williams about parenting our adult kids without coddling them.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 1
- If you are in your 40's or 50's, you grew up in a culture that was shaped by the biblical worldview. But kids today are growing up in a decidedly different time. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Mary DeMuth about tips for dealing with this "post-modern" attitude that does not look to the Bible as the source of truth.
- Is Your Son Addicted to Video Games?
- Dr. Jim Burns cites a new study that identifies the 7 driving forces that often lead teen and pre-teenage boys to become addicted to video games.
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 1
- Even "good" kids can make some poor decisions. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Dr. Tim Kimmel about help for parents "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Raising Respectful Kids - Part 1
- Many parents are trying to raise kids who have a healthy self-image but author Jill Rigby says that the key to "Raising Respectful Children" is to teach kids self-respect. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with her about how we can go about doing that.
- Teens and Sexual Purity: Mission Possible! Part 1
- The media is filled with sex-saturated images that can lead some kids to believe that "everyone is doing it." Parenting and family exert Dr. Jim Burns begins a three-part discussion on how you can equip your children for integrity in this area.
- A Good Way to Correct Bad Behavior
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents to be fair, firm and consistent when it comes to dealing with a child's behavioral issues.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 2
- Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with popular author and speaker Rick Bundschuh about creating opportunities for our sons to make the journey into adulthood.
- Internet Protect Your Kids Against Online Porn
- Dr. Jim Burns warns parents that the average age a child views pornography online for the first time is 11 years old.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog