Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Building a Great Relationship with Your Adult Children - Part 1
- According to a recent report, as many as 40% of 18-to-35-year-olds rely on their parents as their primary means of support. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Nancy Williams about parenting our adult kids without coddling them.
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 1
- Even "good" kids can make some poor decisions. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Dr. Tim Kimmel about help for parents "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- The Influence and Impact of the Intentional Dad - Part 1
- Fathers who are intentional, supportive and engaged in the lives of their children make a huge impact. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ed Tandy McGlasson, author of the best-selling book, The Difference a Father Makes.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 1
- If you are in your 40's or 50's, you grew up in a culture that was shaped by the biblical worldview. But kids today are growing up in a decidedly different time. Dr. Jim Burns talks with author Mary DeMuth about tips for dealing with this "post-modern" attitude that does not look to the Bible as the source of truth.
- Internet Protect Your Kids Against Online Porn
- Dr. Jim Burns warns parents that the average age a child views pornography online for the first time is 11 years old.
- Raising Respectful Kids - Part 1
- Many parents are trying to raise kids who have a healthy self-image but author Jill Rigby says that the key to "Raising Respectful Children" is to teach kids self-respect. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with her about how we can go about doing that.
- Tips for Helping an Overweight Child
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses healthy living over "fad diets" when helping a child who is struggling with weight issues.
- Real Positive Encouragement
- This features reminds parents that authentic encouragement is of greater value to kids than false praise.
- (Community) Service with a Smile!
- This feature shows parents the importance of getting our kids energized to perform community service.
- Correcting Your Kids without Tearing them Down
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to build up a child's self-image as much as possible - especially when correction is necessary.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog