Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Great Kids Don't Always Have "Perfect Parents"
- This feature reminds parents that we all make mistakes - but, with God's help, our kids will grow up to become responsible adults.
- Winning the Discipline War with Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to remain calm and keep the upper hand regarding discipline and kids.
- Staying Flexible When Your Teen Acts "Weird"
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to "roll" with the many mood swings of their teenage children
- Communication = Connection
- In this Snapshot, Dr. Jim Burns points out that communication means more than just listening -- it involves really hearing your kids.
- Helping Your Kids Show and Earn Respect
- This feature focuses on a child's need for respect -- and a parent's obligation to teach that child how to earn respect first!
- Raising "G-Rated" Kids in an "X-Rated" World - Part 1
- Modern society has become so overly permissive, your children may be more at risk of exposure to harmful elements than ever before. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with pastor and author Doug Fields about "Raising 'G-Rated' Kids in an 'X-Rated' World."
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 1
- Too many parents lack the confidence they need to raise healthy, happy and secure kids. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns offers some practical tips for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 1
- As the parents of six children, Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, know the value of authenticity. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this inspiring couple about maintaining clear lines of communication in a large home.
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 2
- Is there a stepdad in your world who needs help scaling "Stepdad Mountain?" Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries and author of the book, The Smart Stepdad
- Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World - Part 1
- We live in a culture that projects some pretty negative images of character attributes that are actually of benefit to our children. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted pastor and author Chip Ingram about "Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog