Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Discipline is a Process
- This feature points out the need to discipline consistently - because kids respond better to consistent limits in their lives.
- Like Father, Like Son
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the importance of modeling our faith in front of our children - especially in the area of stewardship.
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 1
- The distance between a good family experience as a great one often isn't all that far! Dr. Jim Burns discusses this facet of family life with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- The Dangers of Teen Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to talk to their kids about the dangers of drug usage -- because the culture is telling them there's "no problem."
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Guy" - Part 2
- When Paul Coughlin married his wife, Sandy, they thought they would have a "nice" marriage. But in time, Paul came to realize that his wife needed a Godly husband rather than a "Christian Nice Guy." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular author and speaker about his helpful transformation.
- How and When to Talk to Your Kids About Sex - Part 1
- Sex was God's idea - He created it. Dr. Jim Burns talks about some practical, age-appropriate ways for parents to introduce biblical sexuality to children at various stages of their development.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 1
- Today's toddlers will become adolescents before you know it! And if you have younger children in your home, you will benefit from the wit and wisdom of Pastor Rick Bundschuh as he talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about some practical tips for parents of young boys.
- When it Comes to Drugs and Alcohol, Parents Set the Pace
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids who use drugs usually had at least one parent who also struggled with a chemical addiction.
- Get Educated About the Drug Culture
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that drug use is more common than it was when we were kids - and it's changed a lot since then, too!
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog