Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 1
- With Father's Day just around the corner, many dads in blended families might be feeling a bit out-of-the-loop in terms of how to handle their stepchildren. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries about tips for blending better.
- A New Awakening for Parents and Families - Part 1
- Too many parents are working extremely hard in hopes of giving their children a happy childhood. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and speaker Dr. Michelle Anthony about practical tips for helping to raise responsible adults.
- The Power of a Father's Touch
- Dr. Jim Burns encourages dads to learn how to effectively use the power of appropriate touch with their kids.
- Keeping Your Eyes on What's Really Important
- Dr. Jim Burns remembers his Aunt Ann who was a real mentor for him when it came to priorities in life.
- Thinking About Drinking Before It's Too Late
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to take advantage of every opportunity to engage in dialog with their kids about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 1
- Susan Brammel and Teri Grundlach became friends when their children were very young. Today, after many decades of doing life together, they talk with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about the value of moms who build deep relationships with other moms.
- Why Kids and Alcohol Don't Mix
- In this Snapshot, Dr. Jim Burns explains why it's not wise for adults to expose the kids in their family to alcohol use.
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 1
- For more than a decade, parents have been using curriculum created by Pastor Robert Lewis to raise their sons to become "modern-day knights." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this popular author about tips for helping our sons discover authentic manhood.
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 1
- If you’re a parent, your children view your very presence as a sign of caring and connectedness. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about how that principle is at the heart of some of the most powerful teaching on parenting.
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 2
- Circumstances brought them together - but now nothing will tear them apart! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Susan Brammel and Teri Gundlach, two moms who became best friends and have built a life-time relationship for their husbands and kids to enjoy as well!
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog