Get Answers for: “Christian Life”
- A New Awakening for Parents and Families - Part 2
- One of the best ways to help our children grow in their faith is to make sure our own spiritual health is in order as well. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Michelle Anthony - author of the book Spiritual Parenting.
- Educating Your Kids Begins with Encouragement
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids need authentic encouragement regardless of whether or not they have made a good or bad decision.
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Putting "Pity Parties" in Their Place
- This features encourages parents to give your kids a chance to vent - but not to the point where it turns into a full-blown ""woe is me"" session.
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- Being the Parent Your Kids Need - Part 1
- Children of every age need parents who will show them what it means to be an adult. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Kendra and John Smiley about "Being the Parent Your Kids Need."
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Living the Future You Were Meant to Live - Part 2
- There are so many great opportunities for our lives – but sometimes we get so distracted by all of the choices that our lives begin to flounder! Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with pastor and author Erwin McManus on “Living the Future You Were Meant to Live.”
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog