Get Answers for: “Communication”
- There is No Such Thing as "Good Gossip"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to teach our children the wisdom of Proverbs 16:28, reminding them that gossip only "stirs up dissension."
- Keys to Becoming a Smart Stepmom - Part 1
- Motherhood can seem like a difficult task - but being a stepmother brings with it its own set of unique challenges. Join Dr. Jim Burns as he welcomes Ron Deal from Successful Stepfamilies and noted blended family expert Laura Petherbridge for a practical discussion aimed at helping stepmoms and those who love them!
- Dealing with the "Mean Girls" in Your Life - Part 1
- Bullying has become a bigger problem for kids today than ever before - and, surprisingly, it's girls who are bearing more of the burden. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with youth culture-watcher Hayley DiMarco, author of the book, Mean Girls: "Facing Your Beauty Turned Beast."
- Raising Bold Kids in a "Whatever" World - Part 2
- Less than 5 percent of Christian kids live their lives according a biblical worldview – and a lot of their friends are guided by “So what?” attitude. Parenting and family exert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author and educator Sean McDowell.
- Parents are in the "Protection Business"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that one of our primary jobs is to help our kids learn to discern between what is good for them and what is not.
- Taking Your Marriage from Intervention to Celebration! Part 1
- Strained marriages are commonplace in many congregations - but now there is something the local church can do to help ease the stress! Dr. Jim Burn talks with author Doug Fields along with Ted Lowe, Founder of MarriedPeople.org.
- Keys to Becoming a Smart Stepmom - Part 2
- If you grew up in a home where your parents divorced and then each remarried, you may feel as though you know what to expect in a blended family. Dr. Jim Burns once again welcomes stepfamily experts Laura Petherbridge and Ron Deal as they continue their discussion on some practical tips every smart stepmom can learn.
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 2
- Every marriage goes through seasons of ups and downs - but if your marriage feels like it's near the point of desperation, you'll want to listen closely to the conversation between Dr. Jim Burns and Dr. Gary Chapman - author of the book, Desperate Marriage.
- Parenting Your Step-Children
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages step-parents to go the extra mile to build trust and create security for the children of their new spouse.
- Texting Teens: A Parent's Guide to Social Media - Part 2
- Kids today are more likely to use electronic media as their primary forms of communication. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with David Peck from Azusa Pacific University about how to parent a “Texting Teen."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog