Get Answers for: “Communication”
- Best Friends: Teaching Your Kids to Choose Them Wisely
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents that "bad company corrupts good character."
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Guy" - Part 2
- When Paul Coughlin married his wife, Sandy, they thought they would have a "nice" marriage. But in time, Paul came to realize that his wife needed a Godly husband rather than a "Christian Nice Guy." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular author and speaker about his helpful transformation.
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 2
- It's not easy to have a meaningful parent-teen conversation - but it IS possible! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Katie Brazelton, author of the book, "How Your Teenager is Wired."
- Winning the Discipline War with Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to remain calm and keep the upper hand regarding discipline and kids.
- Great Kids Don't Always Have "Perfect Parents"
- This feature reminds parents that we all make mistakes - but, with God's help, our kids will grow up to become responsible adults.
- Staying Flexible When Your Teen Acts "Weird"
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to "roll" with the many mood swings of their teenage children
- Helping Your Kids Show and Earn Respect
- This feature focuses on a child's need for respect -- and a parent's obligation to teach that child how to earn respect first!
- Communication = Connection
- In this Snapshot, Dr. Jim Burns points out that communication means more than just listening -- it involves really hearing your kids.
- Raising "G-Rated" Kids in an "X-Rated" World - Part 1
- Modern society has become so overly permissive, your children may be more at risk of exposure to harmful elements than ever before. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with pastor and author Doug Fields about "Raising 'G-Rated' Kids in an 'X-Rated' World."
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 2
- Is there a stepdad in your world who needs help scaling "Stepdad Mountain?" Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries and author of the book, The Smart Stepdad
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog