Get Answers for: “Communication”
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Raising "G-Rated" Kids in an "X-Rated" World - Part 1
- Modern society has become so overly permissive, your children may be more at risk of exposure to harmful elements than ever before. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with pastor and author Doug Fields about "Raising 'G-Rated' Kids in an 'X-Rated' World."
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 1
- One of the most valuable gifts you can give to your children is the ability to learn how to make right and wise decisions. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Pat Williams - Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic and a father of 19 children of his own - about "How to Build Character in Your Kids."
- Discipline is a Process
- This feature points out the need to discipline consistently - because kids respond better to consistent limits in their lives.
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 1
- The distance between a good family experience as a great one often isn't all that far! Dr. Jim Burns discusses this facet of family life with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Guy" - Part 2
- When Paul Coughlin married his wife, Sandy, they thought they would have a "nice" marriage. But in time, Paul came to realize that his wife needed a Godly husband rather than a "Christian Nice Guy." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular author and speaker about his helpful transformation.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 1
- Today's toddlers will become adolescents before you know it! And if you have younger children in your home, you will benefit from the wit and wisdom of Pastor Rick Bundschuh as he talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about some practical tips for parents of young boys.
- When it Comes to Drugs and Alcohol, Parents Set the Pace
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that kids who use drugs usually had at least one parent who also struggled with a chemical addiction.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog