Get Answers for: “Communication”
- My 14-year old son is suddenly hesitant to talk with me about personal topics.
- My 14-year old son is a great kid. As he is entering high school I am noticing he is very hesitant to talk to me about his friends and girls. Suddenly these topics are "personal".
- My 17-year-old son is going off to college soon.
- My 17-year-old son is going off to college soon. Recently he hasn't wanted to talk at all. In fact, he gets very upset with me when I keep asking what is wrong.
- Our son is 18 and just finished his first semester at college and failed 2 of his classes.
- Our son is 18 and just finished his first semester at college and failed 2 of his classes. He mentioned that it seemed like a waste of time to go to college and get a degree since he feels he's probably going to die before he's 30.
- My son is painfully shy and never talks around his peers.
- My 14-year-old son is smart, funny, articulate, and outgoing at home. However, around his peers, he is painfully shy and never talks. He says that his mind goes blank and he can't think of what to say when he is in a group.
- I regularly read my daughter's diary.
- I regularly read my daughter's diary. I want to talk to her about her feelings but I don't want her to know I read her diary.
- My brother and I just don't get along.
- My brother and I just don't get along. We fight and bicker all the time.
- My son and I constantly battle over almost every issue that effects his life.
- My soon to be 13-year-old son and I constantly battle over almost every issue that effects his life.
- My girlfriend's friend is always around.
- My girlfriend and I have a great relationship. However, her best friend seems to always be "there". If we want to go to the movies, go eat, whatever, she always wants to come along.
- My fiance and I have almost no good communication.
- My fiance and I have almost no good communication. He gets very sad about the world, his responsibilities, etc and I am "not comforting" to him (he says). I want to be a good wife to him (we are to be married in September), but I don't know how to.
- My 17-y/o daughter wants to go on birth control and have sex with her boyfriend.
- My daughter who is 17 is thinking about having sex with her boyfriend and she is coming to me if she can go to the clinic and get birth control.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog