Get Answers for: “Expectations”
- Arranging Your Life: Finding Calm in the Chaos - Part 1
- The Christian life is a life of freedom - but it helps to have a "Rule of Life" to guide the way. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author Ruth Haley Barton about learning the right rhythm for your life.
- Kids are Human Beings- Not Human Doings
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents against packing a child's schedule so full each day that he has no time to just "be a kid."
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Your Kids Need the Best of Your Time
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents -- especially dads -- that quality and quantity time are important to your children.
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- At What Age Do You Let Your Kids Go Online?
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to strategically determine when their kids are "old enough" to use the Internet.
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog