Get Answers for: “Faith”
- Where's Poppa?
- Dr. Jim Burns encourages dads not to back away from showing your tween and teenage children appropriate physical touch.
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 1
- If you’re a parent, your children view your very presence as a sign of caring and connectedness. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about how that principle is at the heart of some of the most powerful teaching on parenting.
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 2
- It's not easy to stay vulnerable and authentic with your kids when you have six of them living at home! But Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, have created an atmosphere of "transparency" - and Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with them on how they make it work.
- Is it Possible to Understand Your Teenager? Part 1
- If you're the parent of a teenager, you know that there are some times when your son or daughter just "doesn't make any sense." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns is joined in-studio by his friend and mentor Wayne Rice for a discussion on how to to try to solve the riddle that is often disguised as a teenager in your home.
- Building Morals into the Lives of Your Kids
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to impress upon their kids the responsibility to choose to follow Christ daily.
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 2
- It's not easy being a boy these days - especially when adolescence begins! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Dr. Gary Oliver on ways you can really enjoy this season of your son's life.
- Fathers and Sons: Celebrating Rites of Passage - Part 1
- When their sons grew closer to middle school age, two dads became quite proactive in making certain their church would be equipped to help them move toward adulthood. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with businessmen Sanford Coggins and Geoff Moore about how they determined the rites of passage they wanted their sons to experience.
- Protecting Your Kids from "Questionable" Situations
- This features urges parents to take seriously any concern their children might have about a potentially "questionable situation" in their world.
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 1
- When Heather Stone was 13, she went from being a compliant “pastor’s kid” to an angry rebel seemingly overnight. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Heather Stone and her father, Pastor Charles Stone, about “Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Teen"
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog