Get Answers for: “Faith”
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 2
- It's not easy to stay vulnerable and authentic with your kids when you have six of them living at home! But Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, have created an atmosphere of "transparency" - and Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with them on how they make it work.
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 1
- Society has put so much energy into helping girls grow into strong, confident women, it might seem as though boys can be raised on autopilot! Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Dr. Gary Oliver on the trials and triumphs of bringing up boys.
- Raising Bold Kids in a "Whatever" World - Part 1
- Kids are growing up in a culture that tells them that there is no such thing as absolute truth. As a result, many of them adopt a “whatever” attitude toward life. Well, parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and educator Sean McDowell.
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are exactly the time when kids actually need the presence of their parents in their lives more than ever before! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about the influence you can have on your son or your daughter simply by "being there."
- Strengthened by Trials, Stronger in Christ - Part 1
- When Brian "Head" Welch left the rock band Korn, he turned his back on millions of dollars and megastar fame . . . but found faith in Jesus Christ. He talks about the struggles he encountered after becoming a Christian and how they have helped him grow even stronger in his faith.
- Being the Parent Your Kids Need - Part 2
- We live in a culture where youth is praised and growing older is seen as something to be avoided. Dr. Jim Burns continues his timely discussion with authors Kendra and John Smiley on the importance of "Being the Parents You Kids Need."
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 2
- In 2008, “Fireproof” was the #1 independent film release of the year. Not bad for a movie made by a church congregation in Georgia! Next time on HOMEWORD, “Fireproof” Producer Stephen Kendrick talks about their next film – “Courageous” – and the importance of “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father.”
- Fathers and Sons: Celebrating Rites of Passage - Part 1
- When their sons grew closer to middle school age, two dads became quite proactive in making certain their church would be equipped to help them move toward adulthood. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with businessmen Sanford Coggins and Geoff Moore about how they determined the rites of passage they wanted their sons to experience.
- There is No Such Thing as "Good Gossip"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to teach our children the wisdom of Proverbs 16:28, reminding them that gossip only "stirs up dissension."
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 2
- Many times we parents hear the words, “Family Devotions” and feel we have to start preaching at our children. But there’s a more effective way to impart biblical wisdom!
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog