Get Answers for: “Faith”
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 2
- Every child is born with the capacity to live a life of character. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his two-part conversation with Pat Williams, Vice President of the Orlando Magic, about how his and his wife instilled a sense of character into the lives of each of their 19 children.
- Tips for Helping an Overweight Child
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses healthy living over "fad diets" when helping a child who is struggling with weight issues.
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 1
- For more than 30 years, Dr. Jim Burns has dedicated his ministry to improving the quality of life for kids. In his new book Teenology,he encourages parents with some practical principles for helping families really enjoy having teenagers in the home.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 1
- Today's toddlers will become adolescents before you know it! And if you have younger children in your home, you will benefit from the wit and wisdom of Pastor Rick Bundschuh as he talks with parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns about some practical tips for parents of young boys.
- Real Positive Encouragement
- This features reminds parents that authentic encouragement is of greater value to kids than false praise.
- (Community) Service with a Smile!
- This feature shows parents the importance of getting our kids energized to perform community service.
- How Much Should Your Kids Know About Your Past?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to use caution and keep stories from your past age-appropriate.
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 2
- In his book, Teenology,parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns draws on more than 30 years of youth and family ministry to give parents hope that their teens will turn out okay. He continues a discussion about how to find that hope and more during the often tumultuous teen years.
- Correcting Your Kids without Tearing them Down
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to build up a child's self-image as much as possible - especially when correction is necessary.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog