Get Answers for: “Faith”
- How Much Should Your Kids Know About Your Past?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to use caution and keep stories from your past age-appropriate.
- Raising Boys to Be Men - Part 2
- Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with popular author and speaker Rick Bundschuh about creating opportunities for our sons to make the journey into adulthood.
- Best Friends: Teaching Your Kids to Choose Them Wisely
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents that "bad company corrupts good character."
- Winning the Discipline War with Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to remain calm and keep the upper hand regarding discipline and kids.
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 2
- Not too many parents start their families hoping to have a "pretty good" relationship with their kids. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- A Good Way to Correct Bad Behavior
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents to be fair, firm and consistent when it comes to dealing with a child's behavioral issues.
- Tips for Disciplining Under Pressure
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents who lash out when their kids act up - don't do it because you'll wind up punishing them instead of truly correcting them.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 1
- Too many parents lack the confidence they need to raise healthy, happy and secure kids. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns offers some practical tips for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Great Kids Don't Always Have "Perfect Parents"
- This feature reminds parents that we all make mistakes - but, with God's help, our kids will grow up to become responsible adults.
- Keys to Raising Great Teenagers - Part 1
- For more than 30 years, Dr. Jim Burns has dedicated his ministry to improving the quality of life for kids. In his new book Teenology,he encourages parents with some practical principles for helping families really enjoy having teenagers in the home.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog