Get Answers for: “Faith”
- The Power of a Father's Touch
- Dr. Jim Burns encourages dads to learn how to effectively use the power of appropriate touch with their kids.
- Parents are in the "Protection Business"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that one of our primary jobs is to help our kids learn to discern between what is good for them and what is not.
- Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World - Part 1
- We live in a culture that projects some pretty negative images of character attributes that are actually of benefit to our children. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted pastor and author Chip Ingram about "Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World."
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 1
- For more than a decade, parents have been using curriculum created by Pastor Robert Lewis to raise their sons to become "modern-day knights." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with this popular author about tips for helping our sons discover authentic manhood.
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 2
- Is there a stepdad in your world who needs help scaling "Stepdad Mountain?" Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries and author of the book, The Smart Stepdad
- Helping Your Kids Show and Earn Respect
- This feature focuses on a child's need for respect -- and a parent's obligation to teach that child how to earn respect first!
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 1
- The adolescent years are a season when it seems like your "perfectly normal" son or daughter is somehow "abducted" - and replaced with an unrecognizable life force! Dr. Jim Burns talks with author and speaker Dr. Katie Brazelton about discovering exactly what might be happening in the mind of your teenager.
- Is Your Child Flirting with "the Dark Side?"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that what might seem like a fad in clothing or music may actually be a gateway leading your child into spiritual warfare.
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog