Get Answers for: “Faith”
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 1
- Human beings are hard-wired by God for community - but this generation of young people is "hyper-connected" for even more! Parenting and family expert talks with Bob Waliszewski - Publisher of Focus on the Family's "Plugged In" magazine - about some practical suggestions for engaging young people in real relationships.
- Keys to Raising a Well-Behaved Child - Part 1
- Too many parents are working feverishly in hopes that their chidlren will "turn out all right." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author and speaker John Rosemond about some practical and stress-relieving tips for developing "Well-Behaved Children."
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 2
- It's not easy being a boy these days - especially when adolescence begins! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Dr. Gary Oliver on ways you can really enjoy this season of your son's life.
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- Get Educated About the Drug Culture
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that drug use is more common than it was when we were kids - and it's changed a lot since then, too!
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Arranging Your Life: Finding Calm in the Chaos - Part 1
- The Christian life is a life of freedom - but it helps to have a "Rule of Life" to guide the way. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author Ruth Haley Barton about learning the right rhythm for your life.
- Discipline is a Process
- This feature points out the need to discipline consistently - because kids respond better to consistent limits in their lives.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog