Get Answers for: “Faith”
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 1
- Human beings are hard-wired by God for community - but this generation of young people is "hyper-connected" for even more! Parenting and family expert talks with Bob Waliszewski - Publisher of Focus on the Family's "Plugged In" magazine - about some practical suggestions for engaging young people in real relationships.
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating - Part 1
- Most parents understand that it's our responsibility to give our kids positive, value-centered sex education. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns explains why that training should also include "Teaching Your Kids the Basics of Dating."
- A Mom's Influence on a Boy's Journey to Manhood - Part 1
- Boys attack life with an exhilarating exuberance - but they still need a parent's guidance to prepare them for adulthood. Dr. Jim Burns talks about this need with Rick Johnson, author of the book, That's My Son.
- Be the Parent
- This feature centers on the call to parents to "act their age" around their kids.
- Teaching Your Kids "Thank Therapy"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents the importance of teaching our children to maintain an attitude of gratitude.
- Teaching Our Sons About Authentic Manhood - Part 2
- Dads - raising boys into modern-day knights is primarily OUR responsibility. Listen closely as parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Robert Lewis, author of the book, "Raising a Modern-Day Knight."
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 1
- If you’re a parent, your children view your very presence as a sign of caring and connectedness. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about how that principle is at the heart of some of the most powerful teaching on parenting.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog