Get Answers for: “Faith”
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Kids are Human Beings- Not Human Doings
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents against packing a child's schedule so full each day that he has no time to just "be a kid."
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- The "Coolest Dad in the Universe" Doesn't Tease His Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds dads that it's one thing to want to have fun with your children - but not if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Becoming a "Courageous" Father - Part 1
- Sherwood Baptist Church was looking for a way to reach the world for Jesus – so they began making major motion pictures encouraging men to be more proactive in their faith. Next time on HOMEWORD, you’ll hear from Alex Kendrick – Director and star of the new Sherwood release called, “Courageous.” He’ll talk about “Becoming a ‘Courageous’ Father”
- Make Your Kids "Drug-Proof"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to have a "family constitution" discouraging the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 2
- If there's a rebellious child in your world, you'll take heart when you hear Pastor Charles Stone and his daughter, Heather share their story with Dr. Jim Burns. Restoration is possible - but it takes willingness and work!
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Being "Trans-Parent" with Your Kids - Part 2
- It's not easy to stay vulnerable and authentic with your kids when you have six of them living at home! But Pastor Jeff Schulte and his wife, Brenda, have created an atmosphere of "transparency" - and Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with them on how they make it work.
- The Power of "Being There" - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are exactly the time when kids actually need the presence of their parents in their lives more than ever before! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks about the influence you can have on your son or your daughter simply by "being there."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog