Get Answers for: “God”
- How Much Should Your Kids Know About Your Past?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to use caution and keep stories from your past age-appropriate.
- Correcting Your Kids without Tearing them Down
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to build up a child's self-image as much as possible - especially when correction is necessary.
- Tips for Discovering How Your Teen is Wired - Part 2
- It's not easy to have a meaningful parent-teen conversation - but it IS possible! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Katie Brazelton, author of the book, "How Your Teenager is Wired."
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- The Dangers of Being a "Christian Nice Guy" - Part 2
- When Paul Coughlin married his wife, Sandy, they thought they would have a "nice" marriage. But in time, Paul came to realize that his wife needed a Godly husband rather than a "Christian Nice Guy." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular author and speaker about his helpful transformation.
- Best Friends: Teaching Your Kids to Choose Them Wisely
- Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents that "bad company corrupts good character."
- Great Kids Don't Always Have "Perfect Parents"
- This feature reminds parents that we all make mistakes - but, with God's help, our kids will grow up to become responsible adults.
- Winning the Discipline War with Your Kids
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns stresses the need for parents to remain calm and keep the upper hand regarding discipline and kids.
- How and When to Talk to Your Kids About Sex - Part 1
- Sex was God's idea - He created it. Dr. Jim Burns talks about some practical, age-appropriate ways for parents to introduce biblical sexuality to children at various stages of their development.
- Staying Flexible When Your Teen Acts "Weird"
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages parents to "roll" with the many mood swings of their teenage children
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog