Get Answers for: “God”
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Raising Sons and Loving It - Part 2
- It's not easy being a boy these days - especially when adolescence begins! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with Dr. Gary Oliver on ways you can really enjoy this season of your son's life.
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 2
- Circumstances brought them together - but now nothing will tear them apart! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Susan Brammel and Teri Gundlach, two moms who became best friends and have built a life-time relationship for their husbands and kids to enjoy as well!
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Keys to Shaping Your Family's Faith - Part 1
- When the Church mentors parents, parents can mentor their children -and the legacy of faith continues to the next generation. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jack Eagar - President of Awana Clubs International - about some practical ways for doing so.
- Get Educated About the Drug Culture
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that drug use is more common than it was when we were kids - and it's changed a lot since then, too!
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- Dealing with the "Mean Girls" in Your Life - Part 2
- Ever wondered why girls can be so "catty" and downright mean to each other? Dr. Jim Burns continues his look at this topic with Hayley DiMarco, author of the book, "Mean Girls: Facing Your Beauty Turned Beast."
- Thinking About Drinking Before It's Too Late
- Dr. Jim Burns urges parents to take advantage of every opportunity to engage in dialog with their kids about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog