Get Answers for: “Relationships”
- Is Your Son Addicted to Video Games?
- Dr. Jim Burns cites a new study that identifies the 7 driving forces that often lead teen and pre-teenage boys to become addicted to video games.
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 1
- Even "good" kids can make some poor decisions. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Dr. Tim Kimmel about help for parents "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Teens and Sexual Purity: Mission Possible! Part 1
- The media is filled with sex-saturated images that can lead some kids to believe that "everyone is doing it." Parenting and family exert Dr. Jim Burns begins a three-part discussion on how you can equip your children for integrity in this area.
- A Good Way to Correct Bad Behavior
- Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents to be fair, firm and consistent when it comes to dealing with a child's behavioral issues.
- Defeating Disrespectful Behavior in Kids - Part 2
- One of the biggest challenges for parents today is teaching their children how to have a healthy level of self-respect while learning to show respect for others. Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with author and counselor Todd Cartmell on the subject of make disrespectful behavior a thing of the past in your home!
- How to Build Character in Your Kids - Part 1
- One of the most valuable gifts you can give to your children is the ability to learn how to make right and wise decisions. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author Pat Williams - Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic and a father of 19 children of his own - about "How to Build Character in Your Kids."
- Moving Your Family from Good to Great - Part 2
- Not too many parents start their families hoping to have a "pretty good" relationship with their kids. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Carol Kuykendall, author of the book, 5-Star Families.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 1
- During puberty, just about every young boy and girl experiences a "crisis" of self-image. They're struggling to find out who they are! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns has some practical tips for parents about "Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image" during this crucial season in life.
- Tips for Helping an Overweight Child
- Dr. Jim Burns stresses healthy living over "fad diets" when helping a child who is struggling with weight issues.
- Real Positive Encouragement
- This features reminds parents that authentic encouragement is of greater value to kids than false praise.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog