Get Answers for: “Relationships”
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 2
- Is there a stepdad in your world who needs help scaling "Stepdad Mountain?" Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries and author of the book, The Smart Stepdad
- Helping Your Kids Show and Earn Respect
- This feature focuses on a child's need for respect -- and a parent's obligation to teach that child how to earn respect first!
- Is Your Child Flirting with "the Dark Side?"
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that what might seem like a fad in clothing or music may actually be a gateway leading your child into spiritual warfare.
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- What Will Make Your Kid a Success? Part 2
- The goal of parenting is not so much about raising good kids as it is about raising responsible and successful adults. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. Tim Kimmel as they answer the question, "What Will Make My Kid Successful?"
- When Christian Kids Rebel - Part 2
- IJust because a child is raised in a church-going home it doesn't mean that he or she won't go through a season of questioning faith in God. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author Tim Kimmel about what to do "When Christian Kids Rebel."
- Dealing with the "Mean Girls" in Your Life - Part 2
- Ever wondered why girls can be so "catty" and downright mean to each other? Dr. Jim Burns continues his look at this topic with Hayley DiMarco, author of the book, "Mean Girls: Facing Your Beauty Turned Beast."
- Becoming a Smart Stepdad - Part 1
- With Father's Day just around the corner, many dads in blended families might be feeling a bit out-of-the-loop in terms of how to handle their stepchildren. Dr. Jim Burns talks with Ron Deal from Smart Stepfamilies Ministries about tips for blending better.
- Successful Single Parenting
- This Snapshot draws attention to our need to do a better job of supporting the more than 10 million single parents in the United States.
- Putting "Pity Parties" in Their Place
- This features encourages parents to give your kids a chance to vent - but not to the point where it turns into a full-blown ""woe is me"" session.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog