Get Answers for: “Relationships”
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 2
- More than 1 million people each month visit PluggedInOnline for movie reviews and other media guidelines. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Plugged In's Publisher Bob Waliszewski about teaching "Hyper-connected kids" how to learn to make good media choices.
- Tips for Reaching Out to Hyper-Connected Kids - Part 1
- Human beings are hard-wired by God for community - but this generation of young people is "hyper-connected" for even more! Parenting and family expert talks with Bob Waliszewski - Publisher of Focus on the Family's "Plugged In" magazine - about some practical suggestions for engaging young people in real relationships.
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 1
- When Heather Stone was 13, she went from being a compliant “pastor’s kid” to an angry rebel seemingly overnight. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Heather Stone and her father, Pastor Charles Stone, about “Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Teen"
- Creating the Family You've Always Wanted - Part 1
- Over the years, the media have tried to "sell" our culture on what the "ideal family" looks like. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about steps we can take to create the family system God wants us to have.
- Raising Authentic Kids in a Post-Modern World - Part 2
- Author Mary DeMuth and her husband spent three years living overseas as part of a church plant. Upon their return, they found the spiritual climate in the U.S. to be decidedly different. Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with this popular writer about the "post-modern" attitude she noticed upon her return to the U.S.
- The Chosen Children of Adoption
- Jill Korey is an adoptive mom who knows what it's like to open her home to an adoptive child. Ryan Dobson is an adopted child who knows what it's like to benefit from such a home. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with with Jill and Ryan about adoption.
- Keys to Raising a Well-Behaved Child - Part 1
- Too many parents are working feverishly in hopes that their chidlren will "turn out all right." Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with popular author and speaker John Rosemond about some practical and stress-relieving tips for developing "Well-Behaved Children."
- Faith Conversations for Families - Part 1
- It's not easy to get your kids interested in "family devotions" - but you can discover some practical ways for actually making "devotion time" fun for your kids - and relatively painless for Mom and Dad, too!
- Keep the Lines of Communication Open with Your Kids
- This feature reminds parents that communication is one of the "10 Building Blocks for a Happy Family."
- Why Every Mom Needs a Best Friend - Part 2
- Circumstances brought them together - but now nothing will tear them apart! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Susan Brammel and Teri Gundlach, two moms who became best friends and have built a life-time relationship for their husbands and kids to enjoy as well!
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog