Get Answers for: “Relationships”
- Giving More Encouragement than Advice
- Dr. Jim Burns focuses on how parents who "listen more than lecture" build more solid connections with their children.
- Becoming a Confident Parent - Part 2
- Parenting can be a challenge – but it doesn’t have to be scary! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion on some of the practical yet profound principles for “Becoming a Confident Parent.”
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Cyber-Bullies
- Dr. Jim Burns addresses the growing problem of kids being hassled by bullies online.
- Helping Your Kids Develop a Positive Self-Image - Part 2
- The teen and pre-teen years are a time when many kids try to play "the comparison game" with their peers. Trouble is - they always wind up losing! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks to a group of parents about helping adolescent children learn to accept themselves the way God made them.
- Dealing with the "Mean Girls" in Your Life - Part 2
- Ever wondered why girls can be so "catty" and downright mean to each other? Dr. Jim Burns continues his look at this topic with Hayley DiMarco, author of the book, "Mean Girls: Facing Your Beauty Turned Beast."
- Get Educated About the Drug Culture
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns reminds parents that drug use is more common than it was when we were kids - and it's changed a lot since then, too!
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage - Part 1
- Have you ever wondered why some couples can actually grow stronger during a season of conflict - while others fall apart? Dr. Jim Burns talks with relationship expert David Hawkins about "Avoiding the Mistakes that Can Sink Your Marriage."
- The Most Common Question Kids Ask About Sex
- Dr. Jim Burns answers the most common question teens and pre-teens have asked him over the years about sex and sexuality.
- Kids are Human Beings- Not Human Doings
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents against packing a child's schedule so full each day that he has no time to just "be a kid."
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog