Get Answers for: “Relationships”
- Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Child - Part 1
- When Heather Stone was 13, she went from being a compliant “pastor’s kid” to an angry rebel seemingly overnight. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Heather Stone and her father, Pastor Charles Stone, about “Restoring a Relationship with a Rebellious Teen"
- Is it Possible to Understand Your Teenager? Part 2
- The teenager in a bad mood who leaves your home for school in the morning may not bear much resemblance to the happy-go-lucky kid who comes home that afternoon. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns once again welcomes pioneering youthworker Wayne Rice for a discussion on how parents can keep up with the everchanging moods of teens and 'tweens.
- Raising Kids Requires Full Parental Participation
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns provides parents with practical tips for reprioritizing their busy lives.
- Parenting Your Step-Children
- In this feature, Dr. Jim Burns encourages step-parents to go the extra mile to build trust and create security for the children of their new spouse.
- Giving More Encouragement than Advice
- Dr. Jim Burns focuses on how parents who "listen more than lecture" build more solid connections with their children.
- The Power of "the Golden Rule"
- This Snapshot centers on our need, as parents, to stop catering to our kids - and start raising them to be responsible adults.
- Discovering Your Parenting Style - Part 2
- Your "style" of parenting has as much to do with your son or daughter's personality as it does your own! Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with Dr. John Trent on this most important topic.
- The HomeWord Guide to Parenting - Part 2
- In his new book, 10 Building Blocks for a Solid Family, Dr. Jim Burns outlines key principles for helping to create stronger relationships at home. He continues his look at this foundational guidelines you can start using in your home today!
- Raising Bold Kids in a "Whatever" World - Part 2
- Less than 5 percent of Christian kids live their lives according a biblical worldview – and a lot of their friends are guided by “So what?” attitude. Parenting and family exert Dr. Jim Burns continues his conversation with author and educator Sean McDowell.
- Help and Hope for Desperate Marriages - Part 1
- With the divorce rate in the Church today nearing 50%, Dr. Jim Burns talks with noted author and counselor Dr. Gary Chapman about helpful tips for rescuing your marriage before it hits the point of desperation.
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog