Get All Articles by: “Jim Burns, Ph.D.”
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- Jim Burns is the President of HomeWord and Senior Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University.
- Better Off Dead?
- In this SnapShot, Dr. Jim Burns cautions parents to be familiar with the warning signs if you suspect your child may consider suicide.
- Experiencing Peace Amidst the Pressures of Life - Part 2
- In her book, Invitation to Solitude and Silence, author Ruth Haley Barton talks about principles for "Experiencing Peace Amidst the Pressures of Life." Dr. Jim Burns continues his discussion with this popular speaker about slowing down the pace of our daily existence long enough to hear the voice of God speaking to us once again.
- Experiencing Peace Amidst the Pressures of Life - Part 1
- Every Christian wants to do great things for God. But sometimes we clutter up our days with so many "good intentions," we run ourselves ragged in the process! Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns offers some timely holiday advice about "Experiencing Peace Amidst the Pressures of Life" with his special guest, author Ruth Haley Barton.
- View All Results
- HomeWord offers practical, biblical answers that help parents, couples and youth workers in over 100 church-based seminars across the U.S. and Canada each year. Bring one of our experts to your church.
- Learn More
- Read and share inspiring stories of how the HomeWord ministry has made an impact on parents and families.
- Read the Real Life Stories
- Check out our Culture Blog for finding the most up-to-date and significant news items shaping today’s youth culture and their influence on kids and parenting.
- Read the Blog